Unbalanced PO4 and NO3

Shireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone , i setup a tank 2.5 month ago . I used Prodibio Start Up 6 vials and 6 vials stop ammo , i cracked all the vials into tank . Now my tank is 2.5 months old , but my po4 and no3 still not settle , first my po4 is raising after that i am observing a little nitrate , 2 days later both no3 and po4 are reducing themselfs to 0.
How long does this vicious circle going to take.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you feeding the tank (fish)?

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure what these vials are but your tanks is New so going to take a awhile for things to balance out. The reading on your test kits are good for a guide but undetectable NO and PO in a new tank is different than a undetectable in a established tank. I think a good way to keep everything in balance is dialing your skimmer (if you have one, wet skim if high nutrients and dry skim if low nutrients), and refugium light photoperiod adjustment (if you have one) with your bio load (fish load), and feeding.

OP
OP
Shireef

Shireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure what these vials are but your tanks is New so going to take a awhile for things to balance out. The reading on your test kits are good for a guide but undetectable NO and PO in a new tank is different than a undetectable in a established tank. I think a good way to keep everything in balance is dialing your skimmer (if you have one, wet skim if high nutrients and dry skim if low nutrients), and refugium light photoperiod adjustment (if you have one) with your bio load (fish load), and feeding.
The start up up vial is bacteria , stop ammo is for stop ammonia . I am using hanna po4 and salifert no3, my skimmer is dry skimming and i dont have a refigium and I am feeding my fishes 3 times in a day.

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
every tank is different, but if you keep your feeding consistent daily it should eventually balance out. I think once your tank hits closer to the 6 month mark it should be pretty steady... if you keep everything consistent as far as feeding, water changes, and skimmate. 2.5 is still pretty young.. how big is the tank?

OP
OP
Shireef

Shireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
every tank is different, but if you keep your feeding consistent daily it should eventually balance out. I think once your tank hits closer to the 6 month mark it should be pretty steady... if you keep everything consistent as far as feeding, water changes, and skimmate. 2.5 is still pretty young.. how big is the tank?
120 gallon

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok got you. Give it time things will balance out naturally. Try not to chase numbers in a new tank its going to be alot of challenges but try to stock slowly and aslong as NO and PO are not staying at a true 0 dont do to much. My NO and PO used to be close to zero and corals looks starved, when the nutrients went to very high they just started taking off. Access algae was eaten by Tangs and turbo snails but no rock was covered with algae. win win to be honest! Its much easier to run a tank with higher nutrients that near 0 - which unless your tank is established with alot of food source 0 is never good.

OP
OP
Shireef

Shireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok got you. Give it time things will balance out naturally. Try not to chase numbers in a new tank its going to be alot of challenges but try to stock slowly and aslong as NO and PO are not staying at a true 0 dont do to much. My NO and PO used to be close to zero and corals looks starved, when the nutrients went to very high they just started taking off. Access algae was eaten by Tangs and turbo snails but no rock was covered with algae. win win to be honest! Its much easier to run a tank with higher nutrients that near 0 - which unless your tank is established with alot of food source 0 is never good.
thank you very much

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back