UNBOXING ATI 48" 8BULB SunePower pics :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rob&Gab
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
6,614
Reaction score
79
Location
whitestone, Queens NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just went to go pick up my Package from my seller. OH myy Oh myyy, i am soooo happy and STOKEDDD about this fixture. i cant wait to set it up. right now here are some pictures to see what BIG GOOD I GOT TODAY! :)

MY Brand NEW 48" 8Bulb ATI Sunpower Light. :) soo happy cant wait.!

DSC08395.jpg
DSC08396.jpg
DSC08397.jpg
DSC08398.jpg
DSC08399.jpg
 
Last edited:
Dang...that is a nice one. I also got a 6x54w dimmable one and has been running for little over a week now. So far, I am very pleased with the ATI. Fire that baby up...
 
Nice light bro. You will love this light. What tank is it going over?
 
Rob,

How you liking the light? I have a 6x54w ATI Sunpower over my 90g SPS display and a 6x39w sunpower over my 40b frag tank. I think they are fantastic. The only thing I would reccomend is keep a spare fan or two around. They go from time to time.

What bulbs you runnin?
 
gonna be running, Its not up yet. cause i cant hang it from the ceiling, dut too the beams not being alined with the tank. so me and gab are gonna build a Pipe stand for it. then hang it from that. But intill then its still in the box :(! wanna get these dang things running to break it in already! soo happy. !

blue+
Purple+
blue+
blue+
Purple+
blue+
 
gonna be running, Its not up yet. cause i cant hang it from the ceiling, dut too the beams not being alined with the tank. so me and gab are gonna build a Pipe stand for it. then hang it from that. But intill then its still in the box :(! wanna get these dang things running to break it in already! soo happy. !

blue+
Purple+
blue+
blue+
Purple+
blue+

Wow that's a nice bulb combo! You consider running a Coral+ in there?
 
Last edited:
Also,

My ceiling joist's didn't line up with my tank either. Here is what I did for my application. You can see where I paired up screws in my actually ceiling joists. You can hang from that thing.

newlight.jpg
 
Wow that's a nice bulb combo! You consider running a Coral+ in there?

No coral+ too much white.


Also,

My ceiling joist's didn't line up with my tank either. Here is what I did for my application. You can see where I paired up screws in my actually ceiling joists. You can hang from that thing.

newlight.jpg

What is that a piece of wood? i like the way that thing looks where did you get it?
 
I got a 36 inch 6x39 sunpower for Christmas and I must say it's an amazing light! I think I remember from your other thread that you only wanted to run 6 of the bulbs because you thought it might be overkill. Have you considered a couple pure actintics for the other two slots. My tank is only 12 inches deep so I was afraid 6 bulbs would be overkill so I am using 2 slots for pure actinic and love it. You'll love the blue+ and purple + as well.
 
I got a 36 inch 6x39 sunpower for Christmas and I must say it's an amazing light! I think I remember from your other thread that you only wanted to run 6 of the bulbs because you thought it might be overkill. Have you considered a couple pure actintics for the other two slots. My tank is only 12 inches deep so I was afraid 6 bulbs would be overkill so I am using 2 slots for pure actinic and love it. You'll love the blue+ and purple + as well.
 
I got a 36 inch 6x39 sunpower for Christmas and I must say it's an amazing light! I think I remember from your other thread that you only wanted to run 6 of the bulbs because you thought it might be overkill. Have you considered a couple pure actintics for the other two slots. My tank is only 12 inches deep so I was afraid 6 bulbs would be overkill so I am using 2 slots for pure actinic and love it. You'll love the blue+ and purple + as well.
 
Wow that's embarrassing not sure why that posted 3 times. I can't find out how to delete 2 of them either :/
 
i have a 4bulb running right now over the tank, But my reflectors are beyond shot and im running Blue+ & Purple+ as well on there. the bulb combo i stated is amazing. But i just dont want to go with straight 8bulbs yet.


what im planing to do right now is when i set up the fixture im gonna reuse the bulbs i have in the 4bulb + 2 new blue+ bulbs then after the 2new ones are broken in im gonna switch the 2old purple+ for 2 new purple+ then once those are broken in im gonna do the last 2 purple+ and swap them for new ones. so in about a 3week span ill have all 6 new bulbs. so i can acclimate the light correctly. and if anything ill just buy a reefbright for more color.

i would go with pure antic i just dont want to introduce a new bulb combo to myself cause i have never used them and dont have any friends that have them to see what it would look like under there tank.
 
I have slot 2&5 set as sunrise/sunset with the ATI True Actinics on my dimmble 48" sunpower. The corals pop out insane awesome in color.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new