Under tank storage - who’s mastered it?

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea Reefer 250 cabinet. Got 3 reactors, Klir, 4 head eKoral doser plus two Kamoer dosers, 10g ATO, 4 dosing containers 1,800ml each, 2 small Tropic Marin dosing containers, electrical cabinet with 3 ek Power strips (18 pieces of equipment plugged in), small UV, main heater, backup heater and many other things. Tried to keep it clean despite volume. Everything is accessible to clean, maintain etc. build thread below has detailed pics and write up.

096C4B44-3515-4EDD-89D6-035A75C49B4B.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

EmptyWallet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the inkbird. I've got the 'blue one' which is for aquariums and lets you trigger on/off cycles at 0.1 degree, not 0.3 degrees like the green one. I have a green one too for cooling and redundancy - 2 heaters connected to 1 inkbird on 1 side and 2 heaters on the other side connected to another. Gone are the days of trying to calibrate those stupid eheim heaters and no risk of one getting stuck on

OP
OP
Buccal

Buccal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the inkbird. I've got the 'blue one' which is for aquariums and lets you trigger on/off cycles at 0.1 degree, not 0.3 degrees like the green one. I have a green one too for cooling and redundancy - 2 heaters connected to 1 inkbird on 1 side and 2 heaters on the other side connected to another. Gone are the days of trying to calibrate those stupid eheim heaters and no risk of one getting stuck on

That’s good to know on the inkbird couldn’t see the difference between the blue and the green when I looked.

Anything else would be over kill this is the first time I have had to worry about my temps rising.

I did manage to get myself in trouble though with the kids. They didn’t agree the fish needed their fan more than them in the hot weather.

As I told them, the hot weather won’t kill you off and I can’t just soak the fish in water!

They didn’t agree. [emoji17]

EmptyWallet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s good to know on the inkbird couldn’t see the difference between the blue and the green when I looked.

Anything else would be over kill this is the first time I have had to worry about my temps rising.

I did manage to get myself in trouble though with the kids. They didn’t agree the fish needed their fan more than them in the hot weather.

As I told them, the hot weather won’t kill you off and I can’t just soak the fish in water!

They didn’t agree. [emoji17]

LOL

The other significant difference between blue and green inkbirds is that the green one is 'general use' and apparently the accuracy of the probe dies if you submerge the top of the metal bit and the cable - water gets in. The blue one is newer and designed specifically for aquariums with a waterproof probe so you can fully submerge it. The green one has heating and cooling functions, I can't recall if the blue one is heating only (the one I got) or has a better model with cooling too

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back