Understanding vortech pumps on reeflink

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have owned a pair of mp40's for a while now and I just got a pair of mp10's for a smaller tank around the size of a red sea reefer 170.

On the smaller tank, I have both pumps on the back glass at each side of the tank. With one slightly high and one slightly low.

I have a reef link to control these and I normally just use modes like Reefcrest, Lagoon, and Nutrient transport mode. I have pump 1 on the modes and pump 2 just set to anti-sync most of the time.

But in Nutrient transport mode and Tidal swell mode, the percentage that I set pump 1 to seems to have no effect on the overall power of the pumps. The slave pump seems to be whizzing away full-tilt and nothing I do seems to be able to control it. It's far too powerful for my small tank and I want to run these modes I just don't want them to be so powerful. It seems to be a similar situation on my larger tank with the mp-40's in it. Even if I set Nutrient transport mode to 10% it's blowing fish all over the place and causing corals to close up.

So obviously I am misunderstanding something here? How do I control the power of these two modes?

Here is a screenshot of my schedule

Screenshot (34).jpg

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these older pumps that cannot be controlled through mobius? If they are mobius compatible, I would download the app and control through mobius which has troubleshooting functions that could help identify any issues....

OP
OP
The Opinionated Reefer

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these older pumps that cannot be controlled through mobius? If they are mobius compatible, I would download the app and control through mobius which has troubleshooting functions that could help identify any issues....
They can be controlled by Mobius but I have a reef link and just use that. This has nothing to do with my question.

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mentioned it because it looks like you have the pumps set up correctly on reeflink, so I was wondering if there was another issue with the communications to the pumps that may be resolved through mobius. Did not mean to offend...

OP
OP
The Opinionated Reefer

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mentioned it because it looks like you have the pumps set up correctly on reeflink, so I was wondering if there was another issue with the communications to the pumps that may be resolved through mobius. Did not mean to offend...
No offense taken, there is something different about the Nutrient transport and Tidal swell modes that is same on Mobius or the reeflink. I am just trying to get some clarity on it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back