Unexpected Firefish Death

wzoa

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2022
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fairly new (fully cycled) 36g tank with two clowns, a Firefish and a clean up crew. I'm working up to more fish, but today I came home to the Firefish dead, floating with a wound in its stomach.

For context, in the two weeks I've had it it has been very active, friendly enough with the clowns with no signs of bullying, and eating well. What could have gone wrong? The salinity is at 25, the water parameters are great, and there just don't seem to be any issues. Could it have gotten sucked into the powerhead?

20221029_181844.jpg
 
Fish are usually strong enough to resist being stuck into the powerhead. How was it eating? It looks skinny
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new