Unhappy finger leather? And more!

  • Thread starter Thread starter fox0521
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fox0521

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
149
Reaction score
71
Location
Grand Rapids
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks! I’ve got a couple questions today!

1. Added a finger leather maybe 2 weeks ago. I’ve tried a few different placements, but it still seems to be “stretching” for light?
2. My blue legged hermits are jerks to each other, no big deal. But now they’re picking at my corals! I’ve found them on my anacropora, Kenya trees, and now my finger leather. Are they cleaning or causing harm?
3. I have some palythoas that seem to have an “umbrella” shape. Is this caused by too low of lighting? Normal? Cause for concern?

55 gallon system, lights are 2 ai prime 16hd. I’ll post parameters later, but I know that I’ve never had any major swings. Parameters usually sit around: salinity should be 1.025-1.026, calcium around 450-460, pH around 8-8.2, temp about 78.5.

thanks!

D248104A-5FB2-44C8-8247-E7073C3499EC.jpeg
55114FE9-6AB2-4145-8A89-5082D48FA88F.jpeg
034EC7B4-58F3-45A6-AE12-371B59C0D838.jpeg
29CB1E74-40E1-450B-B5F4-021BFD0C40D7.jpeg
 
Hermits do nip at corals occassionally. i wont be too worry with the leather unless the wound is significantly big. I'll advice to wait and observe and take action if things escalate. Low light is actually a good strategy for coral acclimation,
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new