Unhappy torch

themindfields

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2022
Messages
9
Reaction score
4
Location
Poland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
My torch coral has been looking unhappy for the past two weeks.

It used to look like this:

IMG_20240513_171057.jpg
IMG_20240513_171033.jpg
IMG_20240513_155121.jpg


Now, it looks like this with polyps that are really retracted:

IMG_20240830_194831.jpg

IMG_20240830_194809.jpg


The only change I made was adding a few cups of aragonite sand for a yellow wrasse. Then, of course, my phosphate level dropped to 0 ppm. After two weeks of trying to raise the phosphate to a detectable level by adding more food to the tank, I wasn't successful. Today, I prepared a tri-sodium phosphate solution and raised the phosphate to 0.03 ppm with it.

Any ideas on how I can help her?

Other parameters:
Sal 1.026
Ph 8.0
Nitrate 8
Phos was 0, now 0.03 we will see for how long
Cal 44o
Mag 1480
Alk 8.2
Temp 25.5C
I dose AFR daily.
 
I think you're on the right track, keep it stable now. Someone with more knowledge will hopefully chime in
 
Just keep an eye on the phosphate levels over the next several days, if it drops again just increase the feeding by a little. Parameters look pretty good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new