Unhappy with Aquarium Depot

1fishkeeper

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2011
Messages
322
Reaction score
173
Location
Puyallup, WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Well I placed an order for some pods for my new tans that I just got up and running. So looking around on the internet I happen to run across Aquarium Depot. Well the have a 2000+ pods and bottle of phyto. So I figured I would give them a try. Well I just got my Oder to delivered by UPS. When I picked up the box a rotten smell was coming from it. I brought it inside and opened it up. All I can say is the smell coming from it would make anyone gag. I looked at the bags the pods were shipped in and I had a yellow brown muck at the bottom of both of the bags. I opened them up (mistake number one) and the smell was one of the worst things ever. I dumped everything from the bags to a bowl and I would have to say 95% of the pods were dead and rotten. Even the dog smelled it and went outside and is still outside. I got all of my window and doors open for the last couple of hours and it still smells in here. I fished through the bowl of rotten dead pods and pulled out about a half dozen that were alive and placed them in the tank. Next I went to check out the phyto I got. They used a old water bottle. Well this is the lightest phyto I have ever seen. I gave it a little shake and chunks were floating around in it with one pod went swimming by. To me it looks like nasty pod water. Well I can say for sure I will never use them again and here are some pictures for your enjoyment.
IMG_4224.jpeg
IMG_4220.jpeg
IMG_4219.jpeg
 
I’m having similar problems. Was the problem resolved?
I’ve tried several times to email their service department with no response
Very disappointed
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new