Unidentified half round 80 gal, second time around

Buffalou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is on it's second build with me. I had this tank up and running several years back, got greedy and decided to upgrade to a 220 gal when I moved
south. I gave this to my daughter who placed it in her garage for over a year. My new 220 split at the front seam and it devastated me. I sold or gave away everything and got out of reefing! Was out for over year but I just couldn't give it up. My wife and I discussed getting back in one day and that's all it took. I reclaimed my old tank, resealed and away we went. Completely went all in, punched holes in living room wall, took over a huge closet behind wall that is now our fish room. I have trigger sump, apex everything and have taken precautionary measures to ensure any emergency that might pop up are accounted for, save me being out of town and tank completely blowing up, you just can't account for everything! It's been up and running since Feb 2019, went through new tank syndrome etc and have spot on parameters and everything is growing. I'm a firm believer in Aquaforest product lines and have had great success with it. My plan for the upcoming year set back and watch everything grow. What have I learned over the journey? Take it slow, bigger is not always better and perseverance and patience is priceless when it comes to this reefing passion for success.
IMG_1758.jpg

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back