Unique mixing station build help please

boogiesnap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y’all, hoping to get some guidance for building a water station, please and hopefully with a little instruction for parts/fitting to use. I’m handy, but no engineer, plumber, nor carpenter, so looking for the straightest path that achieves the goal…here’s what I’d like to do and what I have available to me…I’ll try to be brief.
I’ve searched a bunch but can’t seem to find a solution to this situation nor some crucial details. I thank you in advance.

Small laundry closet for RODI unit and waste water drainage and only one single slim water container. I’m looking at the tempo, I think it is, 15 gallon cylinder.

Kitchen sink maybe 15 feet from there.

Aquarium maybe 20 feet from storage container.

I would like to use one pump and one hose to perform the following tasks. Can be with quick disconnects if needed or whatever.

First, Pump water from aquarium to kitchen sink. I’d prefer the pump not go in the aquarium to push because I’d like to clean sand. I’ve used a python for this task in the past, but A, the clear tubing always gets moldy, and B, hoping to elevate the process with machinery.

Second, pump fresh water(5 of the 15 gallons per week)from the storage container to the ATO.

Third, make into salt water and continuously mix the remaining 10 gallons in the storage container.

And last, pump the saltwater from the container to the aquarium.

Refill the 15 gallons with RODI, rinse and repeat.

Ifn you got this far I much appreciate the effort! I’m a little overwhelmed with what pump might be able to do all this if any?
Someone jebao return or Sicce? Don’t need vortechs or whatever I don’t think, spent enough on the return pump and MP’s…lol…Id be willing to hand remove with python from the tank, main goal is fresh and salt transportation if that’s the only way.

Not sure what a suitable hose would be. Standard garden seems iffy for a reef to me. And a 25 foot garden hose is clunky in the laundry closet. Any chance could use one of those collapsible scrunchy hoses? What would be the safest product?

Fittings and tubing and making holes in the tank…bulkheads? Uniseals? Gate, ball valves? Unions? John guest RODI fitting, GA Murdoch? Could I soft plumb? Simple drill bits to make holes? The container I’m looking at has a 6 inch screw on lid and a 3/4” fitting at the bottom.

Any, any advice or direction to look further would be very very appreciated!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Troylee is the DIY guy who may have some solid ideas!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back