Uniseal for the WIN!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BriDroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BriDroid

I glue animals to rocks.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Messages
1,707
Reaction score
2,312
Location
Prosper, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been toying with the idea of moving my RODI to the garage where I can keep a large volume of water ready. I tried various bulkheads on my 20 gallon Brute but they all leaked. I finally read about a Uniseal on here (didn’t even know it existed). 1.25” hole and a 1/2 Uniseal, no leaks! Now I can utilize my Hydros X2 to automatically make water. Still doing the proof of no leaks here 😂
IMG_2908.jpeg
IMG_2909.jpeg
 
Seems like a good solution for a garage storage tank, if it does leak a little no catastrophe.
 
In my experience, uniseals don't last forever.

I replaced mine with a 3/4 inch bulkhead. You have to tighten it down a bit due to the curve of the barrel, but not so much that you will strip the threads.

I like your install; clean, professional.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new