Unknown black spots on clownfish

NBTXREEFER

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Location
New Braunfels TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0



I’ve had this clown about a week now and noticed these black spots forming on its sides I have no coral or anemones at the moment any ideas what it could be
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Sorry about your Clown. You may have tried to post a picture or video, but it didn't seem to come through 🙂
 
20251220_174034_46629F05-8C6A-4032-848C-89383E8E69D5.png

20251220_174034_073B9C41-B11A-48B0-9AFE-74E4B34F929C.png
 
I’ve had this clown about a week now and noticed these black spots forming on its sides I have no coral or anemones at the moment any ideas what it could be
Please post video using white light intensity, no blues and I suspect coral/anemone stings known as hypermelanization
 
I’ve had this clown about a week now and noticed these black spots forming on its sides I have no coral or anemones at the moment any ideas what it could be
Please post video using white light intensity, no blues and I suspect coral/anemone stings known as hypermelanization
Also I don’t have any corals or anemones at this time
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new