Unknown creature in new tank.. HELP!

  • Thread starter Thread starter J A' mhuir
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

J A' mhuir

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2024
Messages
151
Reaction score
124
Location
Buffalo
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all, I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far.
I have a question/maybe a concern??
I was doing a general inspection of my tank, 25 gallon lagoon, started a little over a week ago. I have some CUC members doing their thing. No lights have been on for more than 5 minutes. And I noticed this thing Any idea what this is???


IMG_5307.jpeg
IMG_5308.jpeg


Thanks y’all for your help….
 
That is an aiptasia anemone. Best to remove asap and check around. Where there is one, there is usually more
 
Yup, like the other comment said, it’s aptasia. Kill it with fire (or put kalk paste or superglue over it).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new