Unknown Critter in Tank

Great Reef Coralation

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2023
Messages
37
Reaction score
19
Location
53095
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

Recently was doing a deep clean as I was getting ready for 65 new frags coming in from a wholesaler for my new business. As I was deconstructing some of the live rock formations, I found this little guy below swimming around... At the time, only my 2 breeding mocha clown fish, file fish and some hermit crabs and snails were in my tank, no rock or sand or anything else. This was the only one I could find as well, but they could have easily gotten into my sump tank. Any thoughts on what this thing could be? Should I be doing anything to get it out, or is it relatively harmless? Thank you in advance for the help!

20230504_112057.jpg 20230504_112106.jpg Screenshot_20230504_114236_Gallery.jpg
 
This may be gammarus. Even if not i think this is type of harmess creature. This might even be great as part of a clean up crew.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new