Unknown NFS? LPS hitchhiker

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shirak
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
+1 for palys as well....

as mentioned, palys incorporate substrate into their tissue...

when you plucked it off the base of the leather, you could see it’s flesh was not nearly as grainy and full as it is now
 
There isn't any sand for them to incorporate. Bare frag tank and sitting on egg crate. Could be one of these encrusting Palys?
This is a Carib. form but looks like there are others in the pacific.
Palythoa_caribaeorum.jpg
 
hmm another possibility.. Palythoa tuberculosa*
Either that or I am all set for when I need to poison my arrows.

Probably highly toxic too.. but I have P grandis in the same tank soooo...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new