Unknown Snails

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zakary2003
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zakary2003

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2023
Messages
603
Reaction score
289
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been seeing a few of these little guys on the glass recently. They look like teeny tiny nassarius snails, but I was under the impression that they can't survive the larval stage in the hime aquarium. I do have tonga and atlantic nassarius snails in this tank. Is that what these are?
13be9060-8653-4873-8e9e-2345c7887cbb.jpg
5e3d447c-c231-4e01-a9fb-88359c79b852.jpg
63c49b9b-6ccd-45ec-845a-72d12f1681e2.jpg
03d0008e-02d2-4f04-9036-4acf43bee23f.jpg
 
Not sure but I just happened to find 7 baby nassarius snails crawling on my glass today. I was about to scrape the glass clean and held off. This is about 3mm long zoomed way in. It looks just like the adults only way smaller.

nassarius_baby.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new