UNS R150- Build

Got the skimmer live (wanted to give it a few weeks, the Dinos have calmed down a bit now that the UV has a new bulb) and nutrients have gone up. Also my LFS owner that I'm good friends with happened to have a customer bring in a used A360X and mount for him to sell, so picked up a fourth one since three was pushing it on this size tank.

(The tank isn't this blue, I just have it wind down at bed time)

364c20a7-cc61-4470-85dc-eb8c287e7a7c.jpg f12ae26f-247e-4517-b731-e0bc0d2ff64a.jpg
 
Tanks looking good. Time for some new livestock soon. Have been running light the last year after I lost my old Tang and Anthias.

 
Tanks looking good. Time for some new livestock soon. Have been running light the last year after I lost my old Tang and Anthias.

Wow, beautiful, I love the elegance!
 
So far the only issue I have run into is the Red Sea Roller Mat sits high in the sump due to the elevated drain chamber; due to that you get some splashing under the unit. I spoke with UNS and they recommended filter floss or a foam pad under the unit. I did that but still have a bit of agitation on the bottom of the unit. My resolution seems to be to run the sump a hair higher, but will have to get a small riser for my Protein skimmer because its a bit low in the sump. I will say again, this stand is so nice, and the customer service is great.

I installed some lighting under the stand which helped a lot in my dark living room and got all my dosing equipment installed in the left side of the stand, just waiting on some new head tubes as I have one leaking. Working on getting my Alk back up into the high 9s low 10s, where my coral like it. But all seem to be acclimating ok.

aa34907c-fc40-477f-bfb0-a8ea12f6ed45.jpg
Is it a Santa Monica Waterfall Scrubber? Does it fit perfectly? What is the model you are using?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new