Unsolved mystery....

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I' came home from out of town to the disappearance of my old foxface. Ive looked in the overflows, checked rocks, & looked all around the tank. I have glass tops that are taped in the back to cover gaps.

My wife swears she didn't take it out. It's a 180 & 8" ish fox. Where could this thing be? Emp angel, clown, scopas tang, damsels, cardinals. 15" chainlink eel, 4" fighting conch, big urchin, & a few snails. I'm baffled

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I' came home from out of town to the disappearance of my old foxface. Ive looked in the overflows, checked rocks, & looked all around the tank. I have glass tops that are taped in the back to cover gaps.

My wife swears she didn't take it out. It's a 180 & 8" ish fox. Where could this thing be? Emp angel, clown, scopas tang, damsels, cardinals. 15" chainlink eel, 4" fighting conch, big urchin, & a few snails. I'm baffled
See if you can secure a mirror and go behind rock and see if you can see it.

OP
OP
S2G

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See if you can secure a mirror and go behind rock and see if you can see it.

I went over everything with a flashlight, but I'll try the mirror. No ammonia reading

dead eaten by cuc? Hiding in rock work? Tough to say
probably died, then consumed

I have a skeleton cuc but I hope it happened. Maybe it got scared when the wife was feeding the eel & went surfing. 8" rotting fish stuff somewhere is no good

Sean Duggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’d be surprised where fish will squeeze themselves when they’re in their final moments. I had a yellow tang that didn’t make it through qt and was under one of the rocks. With bare bottom I still couldn’t find him until I physically picked up the rock.

OP
OP
S2G

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’d be surprised where fish will squeeze themselves when they’re in their final moments. I had a yellow tang that didn’t make it through qt and was under one of the rocks. With bare bottom I still couldn’t find him until I physically picked up the rock.

Yep that's my biggest worry. Jacking up the water quality.

OP
OP
S2G

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still MIA. Mirror & turned over ever rock. I cant find a corpse anywhere

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long were you gone. 8” fish isn’t getting reduced in a day, but it could in a few days. Fish bones are quite difficult to spot once the soft parts have been consumed.

OP
OP
S2G

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long were you gone. 8” fish isn’t getting reduced in a day, but it could in a few days. Fish bones are quite difficult to spot once the soft parts have been consumed.

A week. The wife said she saw it on wed & I got in friday afternoon. I've searched high & low. I think it jumped & I haven't found the body. Parameters haven't budged.

OP
OP
S2G

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated before probably died and then consumed. It happens.

You're correct. The large fighting conch had it buried in the sand. It looks like everyone got a piece of it.

20200422_142045.jpg 20200422_143457.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back