unusual fish friends

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any unusual relationships between fish/inverts/corals in their tanks? If so tell me about them & pictures are a bonus! I’m asking because my Green Chromis has an “unusual” relationship with my cleaner shrimp! The Chromis protects him from the other slightly more aggressive fish in the tank & takes food to him. I find the relationships our fish form extremely interesting!

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eel wraps around my hand, likes to be pet. Most fascinating animal i've ever encountered in the hobby, this is a chainlink eel. I have had a snowflake, they don't do much of anything but hide, this one swims right to the top, chases the mag float, and likes to be touched. He doesn't try to escape anymore either.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My diamond goby bosses around bristleworms, of all things. I've seen a few sneak out during the daytime when I feed mysis, and the goby tends to pop up and nip at the bristleworms when it sees them going after particularly large morsels. Strangely, it does not react to the other fish or inverts in the tank when they compete with it for food. Also (and this is an Evo): the goby, a purple firefish, an orchid dottyback, and a peppermint shrimp share the same cave underneath the large and only rock in the tank.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My forktail blenny sleeps on my magnetic algae scraper. Gave him quite a fright the first time I went to scrape after lights were out... gave me a bit of a fright too! My wife now looks for him every night before we turn in for the night.

My purple firefish is the laziest fish in the tank. Has a cave under one of the biggest rocks... he'll come out around 3-4 PM each night and tucks himself back into it each night around 10 PM.

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eel wraps around my hand, likes to be pet. Most fascinating animal i've ever encountered in the hobby, this is a chainlink eel. I have had a snowflake, they don't do much of anything but hide, this one swims right to the top, chases the mag float, and likes to be touched. He doesn't try to escape anymore either.
That’s cool! Do you have a video?

MPrz59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any unusual relationships between fish/inverts/corals in their tanks? If so tell me about them & pictures are a bonus! I’m asking because my Green Chromis has an “unusual” relationship with my cleaner shrimp! The Chromis protects him from the other slightly more aggressive fish in the tank & takes food to him. I find the relationships our fish form extremely interesting!
My gramma will sometimes hang out with my 4 firefish which is cool to see and also my Sailfin Tang and Foxface often swim together and graze on my rocks

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 167 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.0%
Back