Up-flow Algae Scrubber

  • Thread starter Thread starter ddrueckh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ddrueckh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2015
Messages
463
Reaction score
556
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone successfully running an up-flow algae scrubber? I don't have room for a waterfall style scrubber. Thanks.
 
I just started playing with the PaX-Bellum. It's only been set up a week. But if you are short on a room, it might be an option for you. Reviews of the unit have been very positive.

Dave B
 
Thanks for the reply, Dave. Where can I buy one? I can find info on forums but nothing in stores.
 
Last edited:
I'm currently trying a upflow in my sump.I just used a long airstone got a piece of plastic canvas roughed it up zip tied it to airstone and dropped it in the return section of my sump. Propped an old 9 watt pc light against glass.I had a old black plastic lid I put behind it to keep light focused on canvas.it seems to be working. I'll post pics later pretty simple setup and it was cheap as well
 
Not sure if this pic helps

IMG_20151109_095245.jpg


IMG_20151109_095245.jpg
 
Still working on correct lighting this is 10 k bulb I'll try actinics next. This has been online for a week
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new