upcoming club trips?

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the question about suggestions for upcoming road trip got buried in the other thread.

So does anyone have any ideas for future road trips?

I'll start it off with the suggestion of a tour of Tidal Gardens if they even offer something like that.

Here's a clip of their setup.

<iframe width="1023" height="575" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rob.makowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was talking to Jamie about that as well. Tidal Gardens would be cool

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a friend of mine who lives on the west coast their club goes to a local wholesaler as a trip. Maybe we could plan a trip to eye catching corals? That would be sweet

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tidal Gardens from my understanding of it does indeed do tours.

I don't see Jim at Eye Catching doing that for us. It's just that they aren't even open to the public at all and will only sell to brick and mortar stores.

Carrie would love to plan a trip to go collect tropicals in Long Island if there is enough interest and get a tour of the aquarium up there.

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a club tour is definitely a good idea!

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tidal gardens is amazing. Every year Than hosts our cleveland fish club for a picnic. You will never see anything like it.

Eye catching coral would be awesome to get into, i have a friend that works there and they dont just let anyone come. Very secretive too. It will be hard to go there.

What about a behind the scenes tour of PPG aquarium?

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am up for Tidal Gardens trip. Lets have a sign up ay next meeting. I will bring paper to make a list. Does anybody know if Tidal Gardens is open on Sunday or later on Saturdays. The website does list hours. I dont know much about it , have heard alot, but dont know if it has regular hours , open by appointment only ,etc. So if anybody has info , please post it.

OP
OP
B

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think it would be best to give them a call and try to schedule it with them. They might have flexibility with a group as to when we could go.

Kevin

OP
OP
B

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tidal gardens is amazing. Every year Than hosts our cleveland fish club for a picnic. You will never see anything like it.

Eye catching coral would be awesome to get into, i have a friend that works there and they dont just let anyone come. Very secretive too. It will be hard to go there.

What about a behind the scenes tour of PPG aquarium?

Dave,

Would it be possible to have the friend ask if the club could tour? If so we could have Ted contact them if we have enough interest.

Kevin

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, i have no problem calling them. However, their first question will be, how many , when ,etc. So best if we have a sign up . I guess i could call them first and ask when they would be available , if they have a minimum or max people, if there is a cost, etc.

OP
OP
B

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tell them we're at the beginning stages of planning and those are the exact types of questions you need answered to present to the membership.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK will do. I am at work so cant call - but I just sent an email to them asking those questions.

Last edited:

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave,

Would it be possible to have the friend ask if the club could tour? If so we could have Ted contact them if we have enough interest.

Kevin

I dont want to sound mean but i already know the answer, i already asked if the club in cleveland could tour it and the answer was no. Like i said, they are super secretive just like ORA, watch mark levensons video on his tour of that place and you will see. Most places like that are. If someone else wants to call then go ahead. Ask for Jim, he is the owner. Young kid in his early 30's i believe.

Put it this way, eye catching donated a bunch of coral to the school tank i take care of, the principle went to pick out the coral and they wouldnt let me come.

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am up for Tidal Gardens trip. Lets have a sign up ay next meeting. I will bring paper to make a list. Does anybody know if Tidal Gardens is open on Sunday or later on Saturdays. The website does list hours. I dont know much about it , have heard alot, but dont know if it has regular hours , open by appointment only ,etc. So if anybody has info , please post it.

Tidal gardens does not have hours, its strickly by appointment only. They don't have a store front of anything like that, its just a TON of frag tanks in a green house that is locatd behind his house in a residential area out in farm land. He even has a very large barn right next to it that was restored and turned into a party room basically. This is where the cleveland club has our meeting once a year which is the picnic. Set up food and tables in the barn and have a good time. Maybe we can do something like that when the weather breaks.

Just an FYI, he is not big on club sponsorship or giving discounts.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah as I said in my first post. Eye catching coral is not going to let us come check it out, Jim is a nice enough guy, but that just isn't going to happen. Tidal Gardens I am sure will allow us to come.

OP
OP
B

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont want to sound mean but i already know the answer, i already asked if the club in cleveland could tour it and the answer was no. Like i said, they are super secretive just like ORA, watch mark levensons video on his tour of that place and you will see. Most places like that are. If someone else wants to call then go ahead. Ask for Jim, he is the owner. Young kid in his early 30's i believe.

Put it this way, eye catching donated a bunch of coral to the school tank i take care of, the principle went to pick out the coral and they wouldnt let me come.

Why are you SO MEAN???

:(

OP
OP
B

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for keeping us posted!

Fingers crossed

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I heard back from Tidal Gardens. Yes - they are fine with us coming . Max group at 20 people. Did not heard about availability or costs. SO, I replied to their e-mail with those questions and suggested we were thinking in April.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok - got additional info from Tidal Gardens. Costs= $100 for the group. They have parking for about 10 cars. Sunday's are available. Saturday is also fine - unless they are having a live sale that day. They do not have their live sale date set for April yet. So, i think we should have a sign up sheet at next meeting. Then of those people who sign up at meeting will have to proceed with picking a date. Any other thoughts on how to proceed- please post.

Back