upcoming club trips?

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys and gals - only have 7-8 people on the list- so if we want to do this - it will cost everybody like $12-15 a piece for the "tour". Maybe we should wait another month as there will be lots of frags at the next meeting and since the "frag workshop" is one of the better attended club meetings it will give us a chance to promote this road trip again to get more people interested. Thoughts??

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have we decided on waiting a month? I have just got called back to work and will be on 7 days a week through April. So the 30th would cost me $10-$15 admission, $50 in gas and tolls, and over $1,000 in lost wages. But if the 30th is still on then so am I.........mainly because I'm dumb like that!

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not heard back from anyone. I figured i would call everyone on the list today. I think we should wait, especially with the coral frag workshop which will create quite a bit of frags. So , unless i hear something i will make the call.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK pretty much every person on my list of "interested people" is on this website and the other one - no one has posted opinions on waiting. SO, please chime in dates you are available in May/June. By the sound of it there is going to be some very nice coral at the next club meeting. SO, I think we should wait at least a month before going. I will call to cancel our tour.

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can i make a suggestion? Why dont you just make one of the meetings this club trip to tidal gardens? I think in general you will have a better attendance. Plus, for me personally, if this trip doesn't fall on the same day as a meeting I won't be going. Im just way too busy and especially in May and June. One of those weekends ill be at RAP New York!! June 24-25th.

If you wanted to have a normal meeting at tidal gardens you can still do that, Than has a remodeled barn that is perfect for having meetings in it. Large open space with tables, chairs, and even a bar. It is very very nice.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do that in May or June. We have taken field trips for club meetings in the past, Those are slower months and we can push anything planned. So, go for it.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK heard back from Owner of Tidal Gardens- and the 3rd Saturday of May = 20th wont work for them. They are having a live coral sale that day. So we need to pick a different date.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The owner sent me a video of Tidal Gardens ( see below) - since we can't go on Saturday 5/20 - anybody have issues to go on June 17th for the June club meeting? I have not yet confirmed that is a good date for them. But figured I would at least figure out if that is a good day for us. Also, we could go in the evening, bring some food/beverages to use there facility. All food and beverages are BYOB- but they have refrigerators, etc.

Last edited:

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
June 17th is bad for me, I will be away that weekend for my brothers bachelor party. Plus end of June into July is when our kid is due so it'll all be up in the air for me then.

OP
OP
B

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HELLO.........Hello..........hello...........echo............echo

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back