UPDATE on ICH and question

DexterKarin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my two clowns had ich or velvet.... Here was that thread

With your help, they did go into a hospital tank. I wisely followed the suggestion to separate them as the weaker almost died from disease and being harassed. Separation was very important I think. But now 20 days in Copper Power 2.5, they have been symptom free, eating like pigs and looking well. They are not eating frozen (defrosted) mysis shrimp but are eating the TPO pellets 3 times a day. The one thing is that sometimes they both poop white. It is a mix as the photo shows.

My question is, after the 30 day Copper Power treatment is over, I will clean up the hospital tank but they will still have to be there for the fallow period to end in the DT. Should I treat for what might be causing the white poop? If so what do you recommend?

Total beginner here. But I saved the darn clown fish.

Thank you

PXL_20240223_015303230.jpg

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read this thread. You can address any internal issues with feeding medications through the gut, most effective but treating the water column does have some benefits as fish drink the water throughout the day.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So my two clowns had ich or velvet.... Here was that thread

With your help, they did go into a hospital tank. I wisely followed the suggestion to separate them as the weaker almost died from disease and being harassed. Separation was very important I think. But now 20 days in Copper Power 2.5, they have been symptom free, eating like pigs and looking well. They are not eating frozen (defrosted) mysis shrimp but are eating the TPO pellets 3 times a day. The one thing is that sometimes they both poop white. It is a mix as the photo shows.

My question is, after the 30 day Copper Power treatment is over, I will clean up the hospital tank but they will still have to be there for the fallow period to end in the DT. Should I treat for what might be causing the white poop? If so what do you recommend?

Total beginner here. But I saved the darn clown fish.

Thank you

PXL_20240223_015303230.jpg
Continue to full 30 day mark and optional, treat with prazi pro but not required

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back