OP
mcdrichj

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank Update.

I finally added my captive bread coral beauty after it finished qt on tuesday.

I also received my order from @Dr. Reef after a fiasco with the UPS. The package was overnighted on friday for Saturday delivery for pickup at the hub. The customer center where the I was picking up the order was closed when I got there on Saturday whith a sign next to the door that said closed sat-sun. The ups website for that location says sat 9-6. I checked it on the ups website for the hours when I got the confirmation email with the tracking. I tried talking to the security guard who was trying to contact someone at the hub. After several attempts and no one responding to him I sent a message to Dr. Reef who responded quickly and contacted his ups rep to try to resolve the situation. Then I tried to call customer service. When I finally got a real person at ups customer service the lady told me "well they should be open" which was not helpful and that it was at a different facility (which ended up being incorrect). I walked into the other facility and ran into a supervisor that contacted the manager at the first plant I was at, where the package was located. At that time they couldnt find the package so i gave the guy my number. Dr. Reef said his rep was also trying to locate the package. Three hours later I got the news that they couldnt find the package. Later that evening about 8pm I got the message that it was delivered to the hub. There was nothing I could do that late. Sunday morning I contacted the supervisor I had met the day before and he stated that there was really noting he can do on sunday and I could try driving through a back gate. That didnt seem like a good idea at a facility that was extremely unhelpful. So this morning I left work for a little bit to be there when they opened. When I picked up the package I made a comment about the incorrect hours and the guys response "yeah, its been like that for months".

Anyway I got out into the parking lot and opened the package in my car to check for signs of life. To my surprise every except for 1 conch was alive however the Tomini Tang was on its side breathing heavy.

I zipped home as fast as I could where I had a tank ready and matched to the shipping salinity. Temperature acclaimed the tang and the tail spot blenny and got them in the receiving tank. About 30 min after I watched the poor tang take its last breath.

That being said everything was packaged well enough that the blenny, cleaner shrimp, snapping shrimp and 2 of 3 conchs were fine and are now happily in my DT. I picked a different tang because I didnt really want another tomini after watching that one die. Dr Reef said he would take care of it even though it was more expensive. I received outstand survice and quick response from dr reef and he is replacing the fish even though it was 0% his fault. I figured I would have to just wait for the ups to finish their investigation. I cant recommend Dr. Reef enough! All the additions to my tank today look fantastic and are in good health especially after sitting at ups over the whole weekend.

After all the additions have settled fir a few days I will post some pictures.

Thanks for all the help and support @Dr. Reef!!!!! You have gained a lifelong customer. So unless I see some gem at my LFS my livestock will come from Dr Reef. This was the best, worst experience I have ever had(mean that as a compliment). As for the UPS hands down the worst experience I have had except for that 1 supervisor.

I also dont think I will ever try to have fish delivered for Saturday ever again. If something goes wrong it is near impossible to get resolved and sunday is even worse.

Last edited:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back