upgrading 75 to 120 tall need advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter bigkai
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Test went great no leaks held water for 4 hour before I drained the tank I'm ready. I hope lol I will probably move every thing to the new tank on Saturday I'm making water for the change over and I will try to post some photos.
 
my 75 gallon reef now.

IMAG0951_zps861deaa0.jpg
 
Again thank you for the advice. How many other people have upgraded to a bigger tank and how did you do it I'm making the move Saturday.
 
Well I'm done moving every thing over i lost 2 fish and 1 coral bleached out. Other than that all water perimeters tested great.
 
Why did you lose two fishes and one coral? What coral bleached out?
 
I lost my yellow tang and one clown fish. Every one else is doing great I may have crushed them when moveing rocks around LOL. My pink montapora bleached out but looks like it might come back it has done this before when stressed out.
 
Ok well come to find out I am haveing a ammonia spike tested at 0.25. So I called a friend of mine that owns a LFS and he recommended prime and stability made by seachem. So hopefully this will work. Anyone ever use these?????
 
I just moved from a 55 to 75 about two weeks ago and I used 85% of my old sand and I didn't have any problem I may have been lucky as well
 
I just moved from a 55 to a 75 a week or two ago and I used 85% of my old sand and I didn't have a problem I moved everything in the next morning I may have been lucky
 
That suff works.. I checked every thing this morning ammonia is at 0 hope fully every thing will go back to normal. And I probably had a problem becouse my 75 gallon had been set up for 6 years and had not messed with the sand in over 3 years be sides cleanup crew.
 
Last edited:

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new