Upgrading a MP10wes to QD

  • Thread starter Thread starter hig789
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hig789

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2015
Messages
485
Reaction score
81
Location
Western KY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a used MP10wes and saw that you can upgrade them with the QD driver. Is there that big of a difference in the older ones and the QD? I haven't got to play with it very much yet, but in the constant on mode at about 25% it is pretty quiet. I have to get right up next to the tank to be able to hear it.

I am running it on a 15g nano and unless I go BB and full SPS in the future I doubt I'll run it more than 50%.
 
You would have to upgrade the wetside as well to get the full benefits of the QD. Unless you have to I wouldn't think it be a nessesary upgrade.
 
I run 2 mp10s both pretty close to 100% and they aren't very loud in my opinion. On a small tank only running 50% max I think it will be fine sound wise. If you decide to upgrade you will just need the new driver, both the mp10 and mp60 still have the same wet sides. Only the wet side on the mp40 was changed.
 
I upgraded my mp40wES to the QD driver and it really made a big difference on noise.
 
Cool. Thanks. I'll probably just leave it as is for now. Was just curious how much of a difference it makes since they claim it reduces noise by 90%.
 
I have an old wwd mp40 that was crazy loud, I replaced bearings and it helped, but was still really loud. Picked up the QD driver as the old wwd finally broke. I can't believe the reduction in noise - figured the QD driver couldn't make that much difference and marketing was overstating the noise drop, but it was dramatic.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new