Upgrading Black Box to Radion XR30W Pro

AwesomeusPrime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heys guys,

I'm upgrading my cheap Chinese Black Box LEDs to Radion XR30W Pros next week, I'm looking for suggestions to make the transition on the corals a little less stressful. When I went from MH to the LEDs I had a lot of bleaching and some death. Looking to avoid that this time around.

The tank is predominantly SPS with few LPS in the lower sections of the tank.

I've been running an EverGrow IT2040 over my BioCube for the past 4 years. LED fixture is 7" off the top of the tank running at an intensity of 50% Blue 40% white for 6 hours with a 1 hour ramp on either side.

The Radion will be placed at the same height of 7" over the water and I'm tentatively planning on running at 40% intensity.

Any suggestions/tips would be appreciated,
Thanks!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heys guys,

I'm upgrading my cheap Chinese Black Box LEDs to Radion XR30W Pros next week, I'm looking for suggestions to make the transition on the corals a little less stressful. When I went from MH to the LEDs I had a lot of bleaching and some death. Looking to avoid that this time around.

I've been running an EverGrow IT2040 over my BioCube for the past 4 years. LED fixture is 7" off the top of the tank running at an intensity of 50% Blue 40% white for 6 hours with a 1 hour ramp on either side.

The Radion will be placed at the same height of 7" over the water and I'm tentatively planning on running at 40% intensity.

Thanks!
You'll definitely want to start the XR30 low and run an acclimation program. Then slowly over the course of weeks ramp it up to your desired percentage.

MrCosi76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heys guys,

Thanks!
How did you make out? I am about to switch over to xr30w pros myself.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back