Upgrading from Mp40wES to QD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I am thinking about purchasing 2x MP40wES from another reefer. They are not QD. If I wanted to upgrade them to QD do i just have to do the controller part? Or do I have to upgrade the wetside as well?

Thanks

mx36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded my MP40wES and only did the controller. The wet side was still the older version. I could believe the difference the controller made. Have mine set on pulse and could here it in the other room before the change, now standing within a couple of feet of it I can barely hear it.

Hi there,

I am thinking about purchasing 2x MP40wES from another reefer. They are not QD. If I wanted to upgrade them to QD do i just have to do the controller part? Or do I have to upgrade the wetside as well?

Thanks

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

Thanks
I did the same as mx36. It made a huge difference in sound.

reefes pieces

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The QD has a different wet side, dry side, and controller than the WES. I had both and upgraded the wet side on the WES and there was a noticeable difference. I didn't change the controller but like posters above heard that made a noticeable difference as well. Honestly, I feel like the older WES Dry side was magnetically stronger than the current QD as it didn't fall off as easily.

mx36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What thickness of glass do you have it on?

The QD has a different wet side, dry side, and controller than the WES. I had both and upgraded the wet side on the WES and there was a noticeable difference. I didn't change the controller but like posters above heard that made a noticeable difference as well. Honestly, I feel like the older WES Dry side was magnetically stronger than the current QD as it didn't fall off as easily.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ecochart_1_1.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back