Upgrading Lights!

I’ve narrowed it down to 2 lighting options:

Option 1:
3 AI blades
3 AI Blade Grow or 2 AI Blade Grow and 1 Glow

Option 2:
AI Hydra Edge 44
 
I’ve narrowed it down to 2 lighting options:

Option 1:
3 AI blades
3 AI Blade Grow or 2 AI Blade Grow and 1 Glow

Option 2:
AI Hydra Edge 44
I vote for the 3 blades. You’ll get better coverage and I think the look is very clean. There’s no doubt that they can grow coral and adding a Glow will give you more spectrum flexibility.
 
I’ve narrowed it down to 2 lighting options:

Option 1:
3 AI blades
3 AI Blade Grow or 2 AI Blade Grow and 1 Glow

Option 2:
AI Hydra Edge 44
I vote for the 3 blades. You’ll get better coverage and I think the look is very clean. There’s no doubt that they can grow coral and adding a Glow will give you more spectrum flexibility.
I definitely agree adding the grow would give a better spectrum but I feel like they have a real “purple” look to them. I’m not sure if I’m a big fan of that
 
I definitely agree adding the grow would give a better spectrum but I feel like they have a real “purple” look to them. I’m not sure if I’m a big fan of that
There are a lot of thriving reefs running only Grows. If you like that look then you don’t need to supplement with any Glows. I like the UV / actinic look but that’s my personal preference. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ai-blade-grow-i’m-a-believer.1086315/
Definitely I feel like adding the glows’ spectrum is definitely a personal preference!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new