upgrading my diy lighting look for some advice.

  • Thread starter Thread starter richiero
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

richiero

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
902
Reaction score
354
Location
new york
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently in the process of upgrading my diy lights. I am adding more strings and more colors to the set up.


each heat sink will have 4 individually controlled strings.


1-9 cw
2-10 rb
3- 6 blue, 2 red ,2 green
4- 3 uv


what do you guys think about my string set up ? Should i have my green and red on a separate string what would be the best way to do it? thank you
 
I would Bin your XT-E Cool Whites at 7.5K

If you use Cree it is full spectrum except for Red and Blue so I would skip the green.

Make sure you Royal Blue are 450-455nm the Cree XT-E is the best bang for the buck today.

The UV are very dimm compared to the output of the Royal Blue. I would put more on its own driver.

I've played with Red on my setup and personally I can live without it. If you really want this spectrum the Cree Warm White has it along with a nice mid range.


CreeCoolNuetralWarm_zps6c881d58.jpg

Bill
 
Thanks for the info RLL i already bought all the leds so and tinned them so i am not going to be able to return them so i have to stick with what i got. The total amount of led that i have are 6 3 one one heat sink and 3 on the other. I was just wondering about having the red on its own b/c i heard that the red contributes to algae growth so i wanted to be able to control it if that becomes a problem. These are the leds i have these charts are the total amount of color output by each diode? thank you for the help

CREE XT-E Royal Blue LED with 40°, 60°, or 80° degree Lens RB

CREE XP-G R5 5W Cool White LED with 40°, 60°, or 80° degree Lens CW

CREE XP-E Blue 3W LED with 40°, 60°, or 80° degree Lens B

Violet UV LED with 40°, 60° or 80° degree Lens UV

CREE XP-E Green 3W LED with 40°, 60°, or 80° degree Lens G
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new