Upgrading older mp10

Mystical_Knight

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2017
Messages
195
Reaction score
87
Location
Kissimmee
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so I am running two mp10’s on my 40 breeder, and I noticed a bit of noise coming from one of them. I have been looking for a used mp10wqd for a bit but the darn things get scooped up so fast I can’t grab one lol. And with my wife back in school now is not the time to drop 300$ on a new one. It occurs to me though that I could purchase a driver upgrade kit for 50$ and a new qd dry side assembly for 106$ directly from you guys and I would have everything I need. Plus I could replace the bearing on the old ES dry side (waaaaaaaayyyyyy out of warranty) and have a replacement for my other mp10. Am I right in thinking this will work?
 
So this is just my opinion - way to much work and time!
I would buy a new QD and if you don't need the ES as a backup, sell it as is discounted to offset the new with warranty QD.
 
I upgraded my MP10wES to a QD, and it's a very fast and simple process. Unless it's actually the dry side that's making noise, I wouldn't worry about replacing that, get the new driver, and a new wet-side. Mine was making noise before, and now it's just as silent as my other, new from factory QD, and has been since the upgrade 6 months ago.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new