Upgrading reef tank please help!

Mandym772

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! So I’m new to having an aquarium. I have had two 75 gallon tanks (one fowlr and a mixed reef) for about a year and half now and want to upgrade to a Red Sea Reefer 750 (200 gallon). Should be turn key and go but what is the safest and correct way to relocate corals and fish. I want to us sand and rock from these tanks but will obviously need to add more live rock and and sand. Thanks in advance I have about 900$ in corals I love.

NinnJinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the Red Sea reefer be going in one of the places where the 75 is?

If not, I would just set up the reefer, make sure your salinity, temp, alk, cal and everything is spot-on the same between the reefer and the 75gal and then do the transfer from tank to tank.

OP
OP
M

Mandym772

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the Red Sea reefer be going in one of the places where the 75 is?

If not, I would just set up the reefer, make sure your salinity, temp, alk, cal and everything is spot-on the same between the reefer and the 75gal and then do the transfer from tank to tank.

No the nice thing is we are building a house so this is why I have decided to upgrade the tank since it would be very difficult to move anyway and new house is on the same property so shouldn’t be to difficult.
I will have to add like 100 lbs of rock and more sand. If I use all live and already cycled live rock will I skip a cycle?

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you use live rock the has already cycled you should not have another cycle. We used to set up complete tanks for aquarium industry shows this way without a hitch.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back