Upgrading tanks, but dealing with Red Flatworms

  • Thread starter Thread starter MR2MAS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MR2MAS

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2021
Messages
56
Reaction score
46
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after several years of reefing, it’s finally time for me to upgrade!

I started off with a 36 gallon bow tank and a DIY 20 gallon sump which I had for 4 years now.

I came across a deal, so I’ll be upgrading to a Waterbox 130.4! For the most part, allot of my equipment can be moved over. But I would like to move over my livestock. I wish it was as easy to just move things over, but I’m dealing with red flatworms.

I’m thinking I can easily move the fish over once I’m done with my mini cycle, but how do I go about treating the rock and coral?

I’m thinking of a dip of flatworm exit, then into a fresh batch of SW. But should I do that several times before officially moving them over?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
 
I would just use flatworm exit, its so easy and safe, and will solve the problem almost immediately.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new