Upgrading to a 200 gallon peninsula

  • Thread starter Thread starter radkison
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

radkison

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2025
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Location
biloxi ms
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my 32 gallon reef tank for nearly a year. I’m committed to the hobby and ran into a pretty decent deal for a 200 gallon tank.

Up to know I’ve been buying saltwater from the fish store so I think to save money it would behoove me to make my own. How should I go about this? I live in a house that is on 20’ stilts


Also anyone familiar with Pro Star brand?
 
Making your own water isn't hard. Grab yourself an R/O unit, some salt, a cheap powerhead, a heater, and a BRUTE trash can. Once you have all of that, you can make your own saltwater at home!

If space is a concern, you can opt for something smaller than a Brute.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new