Upgrading to a bigger tank question...

  • Thread starter Thread starter H2OMama
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

H2OMama

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2025
Messages
19
Reaction score
22
Location
New Hope PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have a hello reef which is a 15 cube and I want to upgrade to a 25 cube. Is there any tricks to getting all my good creepy crawlies in my sand to go into something so I dont lose them all in the switch? I know there will be many in my live rock that will transfer but I just wondered if anyone had some trick to save some from the sandbed. I will set it aside when I drain it out and maybe I can sift some then. Idk. Definitely going to set up next tank with far less sand. Thank you!

17696095192892595959620737821034.jpg
 
I just use a beach toy sand sifter and pick through the rubble, then the leftover sand I rinse :)
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new