UPS Battery Backup for your aquarium

I finally installed the transfer switch too (a friend did it).

Living in the Northeast means this crap is common. I lost power 3 different times this winter. Once for 3 hours, then 8 hours, then 3 days.

Good call on the transfer switch; let's you easily add and remove individual circuits, and overall much safer.

You'd think it wouldn't be common in the Pacific Northwest. But we have power failures with ridiculous frequency too. We don't get much snow, but when we do, or if there's the slightest puff of wind, all of those shallowly rooted evergreens come tumbling down. At least, that's the generally accepted explanation. However given that Puget Sound Energy is now owned by an Australian company, I suspect that repair when things break, rather than preventive maintenance, is now the order of the day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new