Upstatereefer’s Nuvo 10 reboot!

Ckane2

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2019
Messages
28
Reaction score
40
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completely broke down my old tank and ran vinegar through it for a day, came out looking brand new! Sold off my old corals, starting over fresh to try and avoid aiptasia, vermetid snails, bubble algae et cetera.

65E6AABE-0071-435B-8DEC-D9DB99AB96CC.jpeg
83D3CBD7-EAB8-436E-97B7-54C37BFEABB8.jpeg
F986DD1A-B94D-45D2-8C5C-FB26EDE9D17F.jpeg
D3DCF3DD-9A80-4535-ACD0-D4801B560E2B.jpeg


for sand I used caribsea’s live special grade reef sand for the particle size. The main rock is dead rock. The large magnetic rock is from Aquarocks designs. I used bio spira and pink fusion corraline algae spores to get some life into the tank. I’m hoping this time around by re plugging new corals and carefully dipping I can avoid pest problems down the road. Tank has been up and running for almost 3 weeks now. 0 ammonia/nitrites. Nitrates around 10 last I checked. Using Red Sea salt.
Please rate my scape!
Plan is for easy soft corals since it’s such a small tank! Might add a clown goby.
 
nice
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new