upswift.io

ubasu

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
214
Reaction score
197
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried upswift.io?

It's free for 3 devices. It lets you forward a port so you can access the reef pi when you are not on your own network. It also alerts you when your raspberry pi goes offline. Setup was simple and I can turn off the port forwarding remotely so I'm not leaving it open all the time.

https://www.upswift.io/
 
Has anyone tried upswift.io?

It's free for 3 devices. It lets you forward a port so you can access the reef pi when you are not on your own network. It also alerts you when your raspberry pi goes offline. Setup was simple and I can turn off the port forwarding remotely so I'm not leaving it open all the time.

https://www.upswift.io/
Not tried but looks good.
there are a few alternatives for DDNS like https://www.cloudns.net/dynamic-dns...=dynamic_dns&utm_campaign=dynamic_dns_keyword
 
Aha so I can set up firewall rule that is from Reef-pi LAN IP to ipblock of upswift.io and be able to access from their website app? So I won’t have to open up port to entire wan.
 
Aha so I can set up firewall rule that is from Reef-pi LAN IP to ipblock of upswift.io and be able to access from their website app? So I won’t have to open up port to entire wan.
You open port on firewall to pi only. Some solutions don’t require opening any ports as the connection initiated in a different way.
 
Yeah I didn't have to open any ports for upswift.io
 
It also closes the connection after 30 minutes which is nice.
 
Going to try it today. Thanks guys! Seems a lot more secure than a open port and offline alerts is a big plus
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new