Urchin has white fuzz on his spines

  • Thread starter Thread starter six foot
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

six foot

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2017
Messages
35
Reaction score
20
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My urchin has in the last week has a white fuzz on some of his spines. I have had him/her for about three years and this is a first. Any ideas as to what it is. Should I be worried? not very good pic i know.
urchin 2.jpg
urchin 1.jpg
 
8E78948E-7E98-4E36-ADBC-498B04EECC4B.jpeg

Here’s a better picture.

Any ideas what it is or if I need to treat it?
 
Thanks it just showed in the last few days. Any thing to worry about?
 
Hahaha Old thread but I have the same thing on mine. I think it's a pineapple sponge if anyone ever Googles this and gets the pictures again. So far it hasn't seem to bother my dude. It's been on there for weeks or months now. Symbiotic and what not.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new