Urchin Releasing Sperm?

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2018
Messages
1,015
Reaction score
2,662
Location
Alberta
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed my Tuxedo Urchin releasing white stuff (idk if it's sperm, probably is) and was curious to know if it actually is trying to reproduce? I only noticed this because I turned off the flow for feeding ... Cool behavior lol. Also a note just in case, I did a large water change about an hour earlier so I don't know of that plays into any of the possibilities.

You can see at the top there's a patch of white stuff along with "strings" of it down below it.
20210425_164517-01.jpeg
 
Newbie interested in seeing any informative responses -- I saw a snail doing the same thing and assumed it was some kind of reproductive fluid as well. It release a lot over a few minutes multiple times. (I was surprised by the amount that came out of it -- didn't seem possible)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new