Urchin stole a polyp

Puffpuffpuffer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2014
Messages
51
Reaction score
8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1115.JPG So I have a purple urchin don't know the species kinda looks like maybe tuxedo came on some rock while back and started as a tiny speck with a piece of shell on its back. Anybow it is always picking things up as camo like it had a hermit crab riding along until crab pulled itself off but always has empty shells and rubble on it. Well found it today with a polyp off of my snake polyp colony. I am assuming the polyp is still alive but don't know guess I'll have to wait till late tonight to see if it opens to feed. Sorry for the pic used my iPhone.
 
Yep that's what urchins do.
If you have frags in your tank and they are not sucured good with some kind of super coral glue the urchin if it comes along will take it for a ride.
 
Wow, I had no idea! Spiky little packrats, eh?

LOL, yes they are.
Especially when you see the urchin with a $1500 JD Acro on it's back right above a huge Hammer colony :mad:
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new