URGENT HELP NEEDED - My P4 just died

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, apologies for the Caps in the title but my Profilux4 just turned off and refuses to turn back on! The equipment in my 180g mixed reef is all stopped at this moment and I am afraid I will loose eveything if I can’t start it up.

Thanks in advance

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the screen show something?
Can you test the 12v power adapter?

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, apologies for the Caps in the title but my Profilux4 just turned off and refuses to turn back on! The equipment in my 180g mixed reef is all stopped at this moment and I am afraid I will loose eveything if I can’t start it up.

Thanks in advance

Have you tried another outlet? Maybe the one it’s plugged in is bad or tripped? Did you check your breaker?

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys, I panicked!!!! somehow I switched off the GHL powerbar by accident ... having a mess of 22 plugs, cables, powerbars crammed into a tiny space can lead to these things.

Glad it was an easy fix. Go open a beer! You deserve one after that mini heart attack. lol

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set your power bar defaults from off to on as required. This way if you ever have a problem again the sockets of choice will stay on. Well accept if you shut off the powerbar

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set your power bar defaults from off to on as required. This way if you ever have a problem again the sockets of choice will stay on. Well accept if you shut off the powerbar
Thanks, but I actually believe it would not work in this instance. The problem was that I had accidentally switched of the power bar by pressing the physical switch to off. My outlets default to on (most of them) but because the PB was physically turned off nothing worked. And the P4 is connected to the permanent socket as well. Anyway, this is my wall of shame thread now

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 118 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back