Uronema - Progression of

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Damsel that I acquired 4 weeks ago from LFS has a white area on top of his head (I didn't return him, because I didn't have the time or patience to fuss over it with them).

I thought it might be ich at first, but there was nothing white and round spot looking about it. so I assume it was missing scale(s), which would make since because it was in a tank with other damsels. So 4 weeks has elapsed and the area has not gotten worse, and nothing out of the ordinary on the fish's fins, body, eyes, gills, etc...looks healthy otherwise as it's eating and swimming actively.

Someone mentioned that it could be Uronema, but if it was after 4 weeks, wouldn't it have progressed by now and the fish likely passed by now? I don't have any experience with this disease, so reaching out here to determine if likely this isn't a disease based on what I mentioned.

I'm assuming that what I'm seeing is missing scales, I don't know how long it'll take to regenerate, and I'm monitoring it, but have not seen any changes.

Thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So the Damsel that I acquired 4 weeks ago from LFS has a white area on top of his head (I didn't return him, because I didn't have the time or patience to fuss over it with them).

I thought it might be ich at first, but there was nothing white and round spot looking about it. so I assume it was missing scale(s), which would make since because it was in a tank with other damsels. So 4 weeks has elapsed and the area has not gotten worse, and nothing out of the ordinary on the fish's fins, body, eyes, gills, etc...looks healthy otherwise as it's eating and swimming actively.

Someone mentioned that it could be Uronema, but if it was after 4 weeks, wouldn't it have progressed by now and the fish likely passed by now? I don't have any experience with this disease, so reaching out here to determine if likely this isn't a disease based on what I mentioned.

I'm assuming that what I'm seeing is missing scales, I don't know how long it'll take to regenerate, and I'm monitoring it, but have not seen any changes.

Thanks
The description is not consistent with uronema but please post a pic or two of the fish under white lighting to see what you are referring to

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back