Use copepods to cycle a tank?

1. Get a block of sponge
2. Give it to a friend to keep in their sump
3. When you setup your tank, throw the sponge in your sump

Done.

This is what we do to setup quarantine tanks and instantly have ammonia processing online. As usual, the internet takes something simple and turns it into a complicated mess.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC
This works well. When I was adding more fish and QTing I used aquaclear 110 hobs and always had a couple of sponges in the sump ready to go.
 
1. Get a block of sponge
2. Give it to a friend to keep in their sump
3. When you setup your tank, throw the sponge in your sump

Done.

This is what we do to setup quarantine tanks and instantly have ammonia processing online. As usual, the internet takes something simple and turns it into a complicated mess.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC
Do you QT the sponge...or just let whatever flatworms and aiptasia get into a new tank?
 
I cycled wit a damsel, cocepods and live rock. I added polyfilter and purigen to make it a more controled cycle. I allso added microbe lift wich helped a lot. Cycle took 3 weeks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new