Use Simplicity Protien Skimmer without Controllor?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hanapaa10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hanapaa10

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Pismo Beach
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I hope you are all doing well! I have a Simplicty Protien Skimmer 240DC and the the controllor has stopped working. Its about 5 years old, but I think it got wet recently. I was wondering if it would be possible to run it without the controllor cause I havent been able to find one their website. Thanks for the help!
 
We used to sell controllers for these skimmers, but Simplicity stopped selling them to us because there were several generational changes, and customers were getting upset when they got the wrong controller. If you contact them directly, they do have the controllers and can get you a replacement once they know the model you have.
 
I would simply call or email them and just have them send you one, the parts are not expensive,
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new