Used Hanah Checker Prices

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Discussion' started by Skydvr, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Skydvr

Skydvr Active Member CTARS Member

I am wondering if I am missing something with the pricing on Hannah checkers in the selling forum here. I’ll see them priced $35-45 with no reagents, typically with shipping included. They go quickly and people seem to pay asking price.

New they go for just under $50, frequently shipped for free if bough online, or priced to be about the same with taxes at LFSs, with reagents costing $8-24.

Why are people willing to pay more than new or only save a dollar or two on an electronic device, sight unseen? That dollar or two is likely lost to shipping if minims aren’t met for free shipping.

Is there something I am missing or not getting with these used checkers?

smiley28 and Brad Miller like this.
    Tags:

2. Brad Miller

Brad Miller Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Hi Sky !
    You’re not missing anything...my one sone will do whatever it takes to save a nickel, even if it costs him more down the road :)

3. Skydvr

Skydvr Active Member CTARS Member

Thanks man.

The prices I was seeing didn’t seem to make sense to me. I wasn’t sure if there was something to do with features/quality of older untis or if people just weren’t paying attention to the actual cost for the used units.

Brad Miller likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted