Used Hanna Checkers - any concerns?

DiscoStuart

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2025
Messages
273
Reaction score
82
Location
Cambridge, UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to buy things used where it makes sense and wondering if I should have any reservations on used Hanna checkers? I'm assuming I'll have to buy new reagents.

But outside of that, any reason not to save a few bucks and buy used? Any concerns on test accuracy or things I should be looking out for?
 
Trying to buy things used where it makes sense and wondering if I should have any reservations on used Hanna checkers? I'm assuming I'll have to buy new reagents.

But outside of that, any reason not to save a few bucks and buy used? Any concerns on test accuracy or things I should be looking out for?
It depends on the reason the person is selling them - they could be a bad unit, or the person may not like them or they are getting out of the hobby. I'm not sure buying used units make sense since the largest cost over time is going to be the reagents you're using. I would tend not to skimp on testing supplies. (unless you know the person selling them personally)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new