Used KHD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the oppurtunity to buy a used KHD and slave doser for a really good price. QC date on the KHD is 07/19. What are some things that I should watch out for/plan on replacing if I do end up getting it?

I wasn't going to automate KH testing, but this deal is almost too good to pass up. I do have a P4 to run everything off of.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the blue caps and hoses on the doser. If the probe has been out of water for a while I would recommend replacing. Does it come with the correct reagent hose? If not the 3 bottle kit from ghl is a good way to go.

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Get a new probe, roller kit for pump heads and the little hoses for the pump heads as well. Get some fresh calibration fluid as well as reagent. After that you should be good to go

OP
OP
C

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the blue caps and hoses on the doser. If the probe has been out of water for a while I would recommend replacing. Does it come with the correct reagent hose? If not the 3 bottle kit from ghl is a good way to go.

I am not sure on the reagent hose or any of the hoses for that matter. The little bit of reading I have done it looks like having some extra doser heads available would be a good idea, and I was already planning on getting a new pH probe. Thanks for the input.

Get a new probe, roller kit for pump heads and the little hoses for the pump heads as well. Get some fresh calibration fluid as well as reagent. After that you should be good to go

Thanks for the input. Can you buy just the rollers for the pump heads or do you have to buy the replacement pump head? I looked on the GHL USA site and all I saw was the complete pump head available.

Great idea on the fresh calibration fluid. Thanks for all the input.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use silicon hose for the sample and waste lines, but the reagent is pvc line I believe.

For the replacement pieces you can buy:
$17 replacement rollers and caps (comes in a 2 pack to replace 2 heads)
$8 Dosing pump hose 12cm
$32 Dosing pump head and tubing
$32 Dosing pump motor

OP
OP
C

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use silicon hose for the sample and waste lines, but the reagent is pvc line I believe.

For the replacement pieces you can buy:
$17 replacement rollers and caps (comes in a 2 pack to replace 2 heads)
$8 Dosing pump hose 12cm
$32 Dosing pump head and tubing
$32 Dosing pump motor

Thanks. I did end up finding them. I would have thought that all those parts would have been listed under "replacement parts" but some of them are only listed under "doser accessories".

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back