Used mold resistant silicon.. Now what?

rajkovich207

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
880
Reaction score
91
Location
northern suburbs of chicago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I broke down my tank and wanted to sure up my baffles. Ran to home Depot and grabbed GE silicon II. After I finished putting a coat on my baffles I saw it says mold resistant can I buy an aquarium safe silicon and just put a layer on top of the mold resistant stuff, or do I need to cut everything out and start over?
 
I used dental floss to remove my baffles, just wrap each end around a pencil and move it back and forth like a sawing action. It will break a few times but it will save your fingers when trying to use a razor.
 
I wrested with removing the baffles today for about 2 hours. Didn't even get one to break loose. Called the local ace and had them cut me some glass. Only cost about $15 for the 4 baffles I needed and just broke the old ones out. Just finished rebuilding. I hate working with silicone lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new