Used Octo reef worth it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter spaceglass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

spaceglass

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2024
Messages
15
Reaction score
25
Location
Oxford
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally starting up my first reef tank and gathering some supplies. This popped up for $50 near me. Thoughts? It’ll be in a 65 gallon. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
20250602_220716.png
 
take it apart and clean it good as to not damage the pump with the old crusty stuff.

I bought a used one for $100 like 4 years ago and it’s still working great :)
 
take it apart and clean it good as to not damage the pump with the old crusty stuff.

I bought a used one for $100 like 4 years ago and it’s still working great :)
Rad! I was looking at a new one, but I could save that $ and put it towards some other things I’ll need.
 
150 int is a good skimmer.
I've had a few octopus over the years, never had an issue.
Run a regal 150s now and have for years.
Bought it used I don't know how many years ago
Clean it up and let er rip!
 
I use 3 of them. That's a good value. Parts are easily obtained from champion lighting and supply out of Pennsylvania.
 
20250602_213953.png

I picked this one up from one of my lfs for $50. They said it needed a new pump. Quick soak and scrape a snail out of the Venturi. Works great. Now to get the 125g with 90g sump done to put it in. Any octo skimmer is a great pick up at $50
 
20250602_213953.png

I picked this one up from one of my lfs for $50. They said it needed a new pump. Quick soak and scrape a snail out of the Venturi. Works great. Now to get the 125g with 90g sump done to put it in. Any octo skimmer is a great pick up at $50
Appreciate the response!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new